Outside my window...
Dark, cold... We get a few days of dry weather before the next rain comes. I tell you though, it is never enough rain for me!!!
I am thankful...
For lazy Sundays... Sure, we were supposed to get things done today, but the deal was, if the hubby couldn't be up before 9 a.m. then we got to start taking stuff off our to-do list!
I am thinking about...
2012. I've had that movie on my DVR for months now! I finally broke down and watched it. Rather depressing. I just hope when the end of the world comes and California breaks off into the ocean that I just sleep right through it!
Learning all the time...
Little is getting quite the vocabulary now! And she is able to answer our questions when we ask "What is that?" She knows a few letters and some numbers, certain shapes and different everyday items. Recently we realized she has now started copying what we say. Yup, we have officially crossed over into the "bad" words! But mommy & daddy are working on that!
Little is getting quite the vocabulary now! And she is able to answer our questions when we ask "What is that?" She knows a few letters and some numbers, certain shapes and different everyday items. Recently we realized she has now started copying what we say. Yup, we have officially crossed over into the "bad" words! But mommy & daddy are working on that!
From the kitchen...
Last night hubby and I both made chicken stir-fry! It took far less time to prepare with both of us cooking, not to mention I had a bunch of the veggies already cut up. And hubby made sure the "prep work" dishes were getting washed as we went along, so hardly any clean-up at the end of the night! Mom cooked some beans this week, so we will probably have a chicken-tortilla-casserole with those beans. Thanksgiving is at home this year for us, so I plan to do a bit more cooking than "normal" this week!
Last night hubby and I both made chicken stir-fry! It took far less time to prepare with both of us cooking, not to mention I had a bunch of the veggies already cut up. And hubby made sure the "prep work" dishes were getting washed as we went along, so hardly any clean-up at the end of the night! Mom cooked some beans this week, so we will probably have a chicken-tortilla-casserole with those beans. Thanksgiving is at home this year for us, so I plan to do a bit more cooking than "normal" this week!
I am creating...
A plan to not procrastinate! All that by making a dress and coat for my Little for Christmas. We always got dressed up for the holidays. I'm pretty sure my mom made a few of my dresses, but I have been hoarding fabric and patterns for years with the idea of making my own daughter some special clothes! Let's see how that goes, shall we? I did manage to get about half of the dress cut out. Not bad considering Little was fighting her nap and mommy gets tired faster now that we're getting closer to the end of this pregnancy.
A plan to not procrastinate! All that by making a dress and coat for my Little for Christmas. We always got dressed up for the holidays. I'm pretty sure my mom made a few of my dresses, but I have been hoarding fabric and patterns for years with the idea of making my own daughter some special clothes! Let's see how that goes, shall we? I did manage to get about half of the dress cut out. Not bad considering Little was fighting her nap and mommy gets tired faster now that we're getting closer to the end of this pregnancy.
I am working on...
Getting things done. I'm sure I've said that a million times, to be followed-up with a million more times! The fact is, I not only like to stall things out, I like to be a perfectionist at certain things. I will wait until the last second to do something, then when it doesn't turn out the way I want, it ends up in a "to do later" pile. So for now I may not be working to make that pile any smaller, I will be trying not to make it any bigger!
Getting things done. I'm sure I've said that a million times, to be followed-up with a million more times! The fact is, I not only like to stall things out, I like to be a perfectionist at certain things. I will wait until the last second to do something, then when it doesn't turn out the way I want, it ends up in a "to do later" pile. So for now I may not be working to make that pile any smaller, I will be trying not to make it any bigger!
I am going...
No where any time soon. Ah, I've said that before too, haven't I? We might get to take my nephew out for lunch tomorrow, that would be fun! Otherwise it's just a lot of getting things done and ready for Thanksgiving. Maybe get a little sewing done. That's my big plan!
No where any time soon. Ah, I've said that before too, haven't I? We might get to take my nephew out for lunch tomorrow, that would be fun! Otherwise it's just a lot of getting things done and ready for Thanksgiving. Maybe get a little sewing done. That's my big plan!
I am hoping...
That I get my nephew tomorrow. He's a tough one to pin-down for a date! Very busy six-year-old, let me tell you! I used to watch him every Monday the first year he was born. He's one of the best baby's I ever saw and he has become a much too smart for his years first grader!
That I get my nephew tomorrow. He's a tough one to pin-down for a date! Very busy six-year-old, let me tell you! I used to watch him every Monday the first year he was born. He's one of the best baby's I ever saw and he has become a much too smart for his years first grader!
I am reading...
Tik-Tok of Oz. There are 15 Oz stories and I plan to read each and every one of them! To be honest, I'm not in love with any of them. Whoever made the movie really took their own creative license on the direction and descriptions that didn't exactly follow the book. Although I am sure Baum loved revisiting Oz as many times as he did, the stories are a bit... Well, they're just not that good... After the 15 stories of Oz I plan to continue on with the Wicked series by Gregory Maguire. I have read Wicked before and LOVED it! So I look forward to reading it again, and then following up with his elaborations on the characters in the land of Oz!
Tik-Tok of Oz. There are 15 Oz stories and I plan to read each and every one of them! To be honest, I'm not in love with any of them. Whoever made the movie really took their own creative license on the direction and descriptions that didn't exactly follow the book. Although I am sure Baum loved revisiting Oz as many times as he did, the stories are a bit... Well, they're just not that good... After the 15 stories of Oz I plan to continue on with the Wicked series by Gregory Maguire. I have read Wicked before and LOVED it! So I look forward to reading it again, and then following up with his elaborations on the characters in the land of Oz!
I am praying...
Just in general. I know there are friends and family that are traveling, have health concerns, money concerns, what have you. And they are never far from my thoughts and prayers. After watching that movie though (2012) I just want to be thankful for today. I pray that for as long as possible I have a tomorrow to wake up to so that I can hug my Little and tell her how much I love her! That's all...
Just in general. I know there are friends and family that are traveling, have health concerns, money concerns, what have you. And they are never far from my thoughts and prayers. After watching that movie though (2012) I just want to be thankful for today. I pray that for as long as possible I have a tomorrow to wake up to so that I can hug my Little and tell her how much I love her! That's all...
I am hearing...
Clicking keyboard. Blowing air from the heater. I think I hear the sports channel in the other room. Much is quiet in the house this evening, just the way I like it on blog-post nights!
Clicking keyboard. Blowing air from the heater. I think I hear the sports channel in the other room. Much is quiet in the house this evening, just the way I like it on blog-post nights!
Around the house...
We've been "maintaining" but not well. Laundry has been creeping up on us and although we got a small start, there is still much to do! There might only be a nights worth of dishes on the counter, so that's pretty good for us! Mostly though the rest of the house has stayed clean, so that makes the day run smoother...
One of my favorite things...
We've been "maintaining" but not well. Laundry has been creeping up on us and although we got a small start, there is still much to do! There might only be a nights worth of dishes on the counter, so that's pretty good for us! Mostly though the rest of the house has stayed clean, so that makes the day run smoother...
One of my favorite things...
Did I mention lazy Sundays? Although the hubby was supposed to take Little to see her grandparents, we did manage to get some quiet time during the day to get things done when I wanted to. Nap time still managed to be "off" but after getting a little work done and watching some of my movie, I still got in some cuddle time with my favorite girl!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Hopefully a date with my nephew and lot's of cooking and baking for Thanksgiving! I am not all that gung-ho about the things other people eat on Thanksgiving. If I've got some turkey, gravy and potatoes I'm a pretty happy camper! Through in some pie (it's the only time I eat pie) and we've got a girl ready for another year! I do like Thanksgiving though, it makes my house feel all warm and cozy with lots of yummy smells!
Hopefully a date with my nephew and lot's of cooking and baking for Thanksgiving! I am not all that gung-ho about the things other people eat on Thanksgiving. If I've got some turkey, gravy and potatoes I'm a pretty happy camper! Through in some pie (it's the only time I eat pie) and we've got a girl ready for another year! I do like Thanksgiving though, it makes my house feel all warm and cozy with lots of yummy smells!
Random thought...
Does anyone else think it's funny to watch a movie in another language? Yes, I know I'm a dork... But sometimes, it's funny to watch a movie, especially a cartoon where you can't just read lips, and you don't understand what they are saying, but you are still laughing? Okay, so maybe that's just me...
Does anyone else think it's funny to watch a movie in another language? Yes, I know I'm a dork... But sometimes, it's funny to watch a movie, especially a cartoon where you can't just read lips, and you don't understand what they are saying, but you are still laughing? Okay, so maybe that's just me...
No comments:
Post a Comment