Outside my window...
Dark... It's night time again! Just "put" the baby to bed. I said "Sam, it's time for bed!" And she ran right down the hall straight to her room, put her in her crib, she pointed me to the door, that was it!
I am thankful...
For generous friends. We are blessed to have a friend that not only gets tickets to sporting events, he always offers them out! Since it was Gregg's birthday yesterday, and I knew I couldn't do much, it was a great treat for him not only get out with the guys, but to see his team play win!
I am thinking about...
Nothing. Well, not now of course. Now I'm thinking of all the things I needed to get done this weekend that are not done. But a minute ago, total black-out in the brain!
Nothing. Well, not now of course. Now I'm thinking of all the things I needed to get done this weekend that are not done. But a minute ago, total black-out in the brain!
Learning all the time...
So, where was my dear cousin Tiff when I was looking for points of view about Your Baby Can Read!?!? (giggle)
We had done (a little) research when the program was lent to us and it seemed like it sounded like a good idea. Now, my dear school-teacher cousin is encouraging me to quit it... BUT SHE LIKES THEM... (smiling and whining)
I don't know if we will drop them cold-turkey, Sam really likes the songs on the movies, and they keep her entertained for a little while at a time. She also recognizes some of the words and she knows how to put books the "right" way. I do agree, nothing comes close to the learning a child gets by playing with mom and dad!
So, where was my dear cousin Tiff when I was looking for points of view about Your Baby Can Read!?!? (giggle)
We had done (a little) research when the program was lent to us and it seemed like it sounded like a good idea. Now, my dear school-teacher cousin is encouraging me to quit it... BUT SHE LIKES THEM... (smiling and whining)
I don't know if we will drop them cold-turkey, Sam really likes the songs on the movies, and they keep her entertained for a little while at a time. She also recognizes some of the words and she knows how to put books the "right" way. I do agree, nothing comes close to the learning a child gets by playing with mom and dad!
From the kitchen...
We've had less coming from the kitchen lately than "normal." That will be changing soon! Not sure if I will get gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy so we are planning to head this one off at the pass. Changing our "diet" to more of what I ate with my first pregnancy and making sure to get our walks in.
We've had less coming from the kitchen lately than "normal." That will be changing soon! Not sure if I will get gestational diabetes again with this pregnancy so we are planning to head this one off at the pass. Changing our "diet" to more of what I ate with my first pregnancy and making sure to get our walks in.
I am creating...
Well, I did "clean" my sewing room a bit, last weekend. I had every intention of getting in my sewing room this last weekend and never seemed to get the chance. I have some patches I need to make for a fundraiser bike ride for my dad, will post pictures when I've got them done.
Well, I did "clean" my sewing room a bit, last weekend. I had every intention of getting in my sewing room this last weekend and never seemed to get the chance. I have some patches I need to make for a fundraiser bike ride for my dad, will post pictures when I've got them done.
I am working on...
Those stinking patches... And getting more familiar with Etsy. Who would have thought trying to sell things online would become more about socializing!?!
Those stinking patches... And getting more familiar with Etsy. Who would have thought trying to sell things online would become more about socializing!?!
I am going...
Dunno... I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon... We do get to go to Claimjumpers for dinner one night this week, for Gregg's belated birthday dinner! Yummy, yummy!!!
Dunno... I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon... We do get to go to Claimjumpers for dinner one night this week, for Gregg's belated birthday dinner! Yummy, yummy!!!
I am hoping...
Always hopeful! I don't know that I am hoping for much at the moment. Simple things? That I get the patches done lickety-split and that I don't find any dead mice roasting in my office on Monday! Gross, I know, but last Monday was not fun find a dead mouse that had not only been roasting, it kind of... Well, let's just say it was not nice...
Always hopeful! I don't know that I am hoping for much at the moment. Simple things? That I get the patches done lickety-split and that I don't find any dead mice roasting in my office on Monday! Gross, I know, but last Monday was not fun find a dead mouse that had not only been roasting, it kind of... Well, let's just say it was not nice...
I am reading...
A lot of emails. No, really, A LOT of emails! I have too many accounts! Two for personal, one for baby ads, three for work, one for Stuff N Junk and one that I need to delete from my Pampered Chef days. I never have enough time to sit and read them, so I go through daily and delete the "junk" thinking I will have time later to read the emails. This weekend, during nap time, I found some moments to catch up. I'm no where near close to done!
A lot of emails. No, really, A LOT of emails! I have too many accounts! Two for personal, one for baby ads, three for work, one for Stuff N Junk and one that I need to delete from my Pampered Chef days. I never have enough time to sit and read them, so I go through daily and delete the "junk" thinking I will have time later to read the emails. This weekend, during nap time, I found some moments to catch up. I'm no where near close to done!
I am praying...
Always for friends and family. Just for the simple things. Thankful for what we have. Wishing all the best for those dealing with natural disasters right now and hoping they all can get back to "normal" with little interruption.
Always for friends and family. Just for the simple things. Thankful for what we have. Wishing all the best for those dealing with natural disasters right now and hoping they all can get back to "normal" with little interruption.
I am hearing...
Billy Madison. This movie CRACKS. ME. UP! I know some people don't love (or even like) Adam Sandler, just don't talk to me about it... I think he is quite funny and some of these movies I could watch over and over without ever getting bored!
Billy Madison. This movie CRACKS. ME. UP! I know some people don't love (or even like) Adam Sandler, just don't talk to me about it... I think he is quite funny and some of these movies I could watch over and over without ever getting bored!
Around the house...
Not enough cleaning, too much mess. Is one-and-a-half too early to start teaching how to pick things up? Between the cat hair and the kids toys, either the pets or the kid are going to have to start helping!!!
Not enough cleaning, too much mess. Is one-and-a-half too early to start teaching how to pick things up? Between the cat hair and the kids toys, either the pets or the kid are going to have to start helping!!!
One of my favorite things...
Last Holiday!!! Okay, so I have been IN LOVE with LL Cool J since the 80's, not gonna lie about that! And Queen Latifah, maybe I didn't listen to every song she ever came out with, but by the early 90's she was one of my favorite rappers, male or female! To have them both in one movie!!! Ahhhhh....
Last Holiday!!! Okay, so I have been IN LOVE with LL Cool J since the 80's, not gonna lie about that! And Queen Latifah, maybe I didn't listen to every song she ever came out with, but by the early 90's she was one of my favorite rappers, male or female! To have them both in one movie!!! Ahhhhh....
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Patches... Reading, emails and Etsy stuff... Hanging out with the kid... Laundry... That kind of thing!
Random thought...
So many thoughts, so little time... I've been posting my most recent randomness more often lately, I think that's all the randomness I've got for today.
So many thoughts, so little time... I've been posting my most recent randomness more often lately, I think that's all the randomness I've got for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment