Outside my window...
Today started out looking like it would pour down on us! In fact, that is exactly what the weather man has been promising!!! But even with those wonderfully wet looking clouds we ventured out for an early lunch and a long walk! And we had a lot of fun doing it!!!
I am thankful...
For the pictures my sister-in-law has been posting on Facebook of my brother and his family as he graduates from basic training. I miss him so much and it is wonderful to get to see real pictures of him that I don't have to guess about.
I am thinking about...
All kinds of busy things in our home lately! I can't discuss everything right now but I can tell you that I have been checking my Facebook and Twitter accounts every couple hours to see my numbers increasing faster than I ever thought possible! You see, I have been following these blogs Daily Mothering and also Booty Buns Cloth Diapers after entering a giveaway at Tidbits... Well, Daily Mothering and Bootybuns are doing a HUGE giveaway and they hosted an opportunity for 200 bloggers to join in. If you haven't checked them out, you should do so!!! I have not only gained hundreds of new followers, I have also been introduced to some amazing new blogs! To get the low-down, you can check out Stuff N Junk by Heidi for a list of blogs I'm following and the contest or visit my Facebook page for the information as well! I am also trying to get my own giveaway scheduled for Sunday 4/1/12 for a Stuff N Junk item made by me!
Learning all the time...
What am I learning? Hmmm, well, I thought I was better at the whole "measure twice, cut once thing" but apparently I'm not... I am in the process of making a completely custom diaper bag (for me of course) and I cut the base the wrong size! Thankfully I haven't cut the lining fabrics yet, so with some quick thinking I have come up with a plan to save the day! Funny thing though, when I was measuring how much fabric I have it was a random amount just over a yard but not an amount I would normally purchase. Generally I buy in half-yards and this is coming up short for that amount. I guess I will just have to watch closer when people are measuring and cutting my fabric. And that's another lesson learned!
What am I learning? Hmmm, well, I thought I was better at the whole "measure twice, cut once thing" but apparently I'm not... I am in the process of making a completely custom diaper bag (for me of course) and I cut the base the wrong size! Thankfully I haven't cut the lining fabrics yet, so with some quick thinking I have come up with a plan to save the day! Funny thing though, when I was measuring how much fabric I have it was a random amount just over a yard but not an amount I would normally purchase. Generally I buy in half-yards and this is coming up short for that amount. I guess I will just have to watch closer when people are measuring and cutting my fabric. And that's another lesson learned!
From the kitchen...
Oh boy has this been a week from the kitchen! We made chocolate chip pancakes, no-bake cookies, garlic-cheddar biscuits and home made re-fried beans! We have been getting tons of dried beans lately and I really wanted a Mexican food night. When I read my cookbook I wasn't sure the beans would turn out right (after looking up a recipe online) but the one I used was super yummy, they turned out perfect and I used my slow-cooker! That baby is getting quite the workout recently... I'll try to post the recipe I used, it was very yummy and no lard!
Oh boy has this been a week from the kitchen! We made chocolate chip pancakes, no-bake cookies, garlic-cheddar biscuits and home made re-fried beans! We have been getting tons of dried beans lately and I really wanted a Mexican food night. When I read my cookbook I wasn't sure the beans would turn out right (after looking up a recipe online) but the one I used was super yummy, they turned out perfect and I used my slow-cooker! That baby is getting quite the workout recently... I'll try to post the recipe I used, it was very yummy and no lard!
I am creating...
That pesky diaper bag! You see, we got a new stroller with the addition to our family, a double, but the under seat storage is incredibly limited and our current diaper bag is too big for storing and the straps are too small to hang from the handles. My previous Disney bags just don't have enough pockets to keep us organized with the two girlies, so I am creating a Tinkerbell inspired bag with enough pockets to keep Daddy happy, straps to fit the stroller and just enough cuteness to be Stuff N Junk!
That pesky diaper bag! You see, we got a new stroller with the addition to our family, a double, but the under seat storage is incredibly limited and our current diaper bag is too big for storing and the straps are too small to hang from the handles. My previous Disney bags just don't have enough pockets to keep us organized with the two girlies, so I am creating a Tinkerbell inspired bag with enough pockets to keep Daddy happy, straps to fit the stroller and just enough cuteness to be Stuff N Junk!
I am working on...
Potty training, volume control and limiting the pacifier. Yes, I know, quite the tasks but they really do need to be worked on.
Potty training, volume control and limiting the pacifier. Yes, I know, quite the tasks but they really do need to be worked on.
I am going...
To have the dishes done, the kitchen cleaned and the laundry put away before bed tonight! Then there will be more time to get in that sewing room for some organization and sewing!!! Projects on the board? Diaper bag for me and large zipper bag for my giveaway! Hopefully followed by more bags and blankets for my Etsy store.
To have the dishes done, the kitchen cleaned and the laundry put away before bed tonight! Then there will be more time to get in that sewing room for some organization and sewing!!! Projects on the board? Diaper bag for me and large zipper bag for my giveaway! Hopefully followed by more bags and blankets for my Etsy store.
I am hoping...
To keep on task. We've been doing well to get the house back in order after so many weeks of on-again-off-again craziness around here! I'm not a super clean freak but I do like things picked up and it does help my allergies when we keep the dust at bay... Other hopes? That one of these storms the weather man keeps promising will actually appear! I know everyone else might be ready for Spring or even Summer but we've had a rather dry winter here in central California and I love me some rain!
To keep on task. We've been doing well to get the house back in order after so many weeks of on-again-off-again craziness around here! I'm not a super clean freak but I do like things picked up and it does help my allergies when we keep the dust at bay... Other hopes? That one of these storms the weather man keeps promising will actually appear! I know everyone else might be ready for Spring or even Summer but we've had a rather dry winter here in central California and I love me some rain!
I am reading...
Blogs and Facebook, that's about it. Did I say I was going to get Hunger Games on my NOOK? Well, I'm still working on that. I just don't see a light at the end of that tunnel right now where I would have time to sit down and read. But maybe next month.
Blogs and Facebook, that's about it. Did I say I was going to get Hunger Games on my NOOK? Well, I'm still working on that. I just don't see a light at the end of that tunnel right now where I would have time to sit down and read. But maybe next month.
I am praying...
For a safe flight home for my sister-in-law and nephew and that while they wait for the next time they are with my brother that they get lots of phone calls and letters. And for my brother that his next training goes well.
For a safe flight home for my sister-in-law and nephew and that while they wait for the next time they are with my brother that they get lots of phone calls and letters. And for my brother that his next training goes well.
I am hearing...
Big Sister playing in the other room. She has quite the imagination right now and is all consumed with Disney Princesses. Yes, I am absolutely eating it up! All while encouraging it as much as possible!
Big Sister playing in the other room. She has quite the imagination right now and is all consumed with Disney Princesses. Yes, I am absolutely eating it up! All while encouraging it as much as possible!
Around the house...
We finally busted out the pack-and-play for Baby Sister. She is up much more during the day now and only wants to be in her bouncy seat for just so long. She will be rolling over any second now and I can tell crawling won't be too far behind!
One of my favorite things...
We finally busted out the pack-and-play for Baby Sister. She is up much more during the day now and only wants to be in her bouncy seat for just so long. She will be rolling over any second now and I can tell crawling won't be too far behind!
One of my favorite things...
Cuddling with my girls. I am so happy that Big Sister adores the new baby and although I have never had a sister, I know what it's like to be one, and the big sister at that! I can't wait to see how they are together and I hope I can teach them to be good to each other from an early age so they get the best of what being and having a sister can be.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Cleaning, sewing, playing, working. What else is there?
Cleaning, sewing, playing, working. What else is there?
Random thought...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
No comments:
Post a Comment