Sunday, January 1, 2012

Outside my window...

It's cold and dark of course!  Not quite as late as I have been posting but that's because I have a new bundle that will be waking up any minute for a feeding and then both mommy and baby will be headed off to bed!  Not many late nights lately, mostly "short" nights and early mornings!

I am thankful...

For wonderful doctors and amazing nurses!  For a high tolerance for pain!  And for two beautiful girls that really like to sleep!

I am thinking about...
Sleep!  Hubby thought it would be fun to keep our older Little up until midnight last night, even though we had a doctors appointment this morning.  I think we were all a bit more tired than we wanted to admit.

Learning all the time...
Don't keep a year-and-a-half-old child up until midnight!  They really just don't get the whole "ball drop" thing!  Also that a little patience and persistence will get me through the rough spots.  Not to mention remembering that I have good instincts.  I let other people tell me how to be and what to do with my first baby, knowing deep down that I knew what to do.  This time around we are drawing from our previous experiences and going with our guts.  Things will never be peaceful but we have a good flow going right now.

From the kitchen...
Are you kidding?  You don't mean my kitchen do you?  Went into the hospital early Tuesday morning and was on a "clear" liquid diet for the first two days.  I was not even complaining!  Don't get me wrong, it's not a lot of food, but I like jello!  The hospital did okay food while I was there but we haven't quite gotten back to the regular daily grind of cooking.  The kitchen is nice and clean though!  Thanks mom!!!

I am creating...
A schedule.  Can you believe it?  I am crazy enough to try for a schedule with a toddler and newborn?  Yup!  And we are doing quite well.  

I am working on...
Setting some goals.  I don't do "resolutions."  I'm sure at the end of the day it's the same-difference but I'm still going to call them "goals."  What are they?  To focus on my family, to work on eating and living healthier, and to not only focus on sewing but to work on using as much of my fabric stash as possible!  I have too much fabric and I need to stop thinking about "What if I want it for something else someday?"  'Someday' is now!

I am going...
To lots of doctor appointments this month!  Between appointments for myself and our newest Little we are booking the calendar right up!

I am hoping...
To keep it all rolling along!  I tend to get comfortable with the way things are going and that's when things get wonky.  Hoping to keep up the momentum (and that my energy stays up) and just roll into this New Year with bright thoughts and lots of positive happenings.

I am reading...
Baby literature.  Sure, I've read it all before, or at least I should have when my first was born!  I ended up spending three days in the hospital and instead of watching too much t.v. I read through most of the paperwork and packets the hospital provided!  Of course, I'm still going through all the paperwork, throwing out what I really don't need, but at least I am reading it!

I am praying...
For a wonderful New Year for everyone!  I don't know a better way to start the year than the way we did but I do wish it for everyone I know!

I am hearing...
Older girl singing and daddy watching football.  Younger girl?  She's sleeping!

Around the house...
Finally found the bin of newborn to 3 month clothes we've been searching for!  Not that our newest addition even fits in newborn!  Hubby and I are excited to see the clothes we put on our first and are reminiscing about certain outfits.


One of my favorite things...
Baby snuggles!  Don't get me wrong, toddler hugs and kisses (which we are getting a lot of lately) are some of the best ever but those baby snuggles!!!  Hubs and I are over the moon and fighting over who gets to burp the new baby because she is such a cuddler!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Dinner tomorrow night in preparation of my brother leaving soon and also to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday!  What a big month this plans to be!

Random thought...
Not so much a random thought as a funny happening...  So, I had a C-section as the doctors believed our new bundle would be too large.  Every few hours a nurse comes in to check on me, takes my temperature, checks blood pressure, and checks my incision...  All the nurses said what a "good" cut it was and how well it was healing.  One nurse looks and says "Beautiful!"  To which I reply "Thanks!  Every fat girl wants to hear her belly looks beautiful!"  We both laughed.  When telling this to the hubby I also added what a waste it was for the doctor to take such pains making it perfect considering I have never and don't anticipate ever actually wearing a bikini to go along with my new "bikini" cut!

Here are picture thoughts I am sharing with you....

4 comments:

  1. Oh she's adorable! Details! I want details! How big is she? She's just beautiful, Heidi. Glad to hear that everything went well. Will be praying you through these first few weeks.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and your adorable family!! To even think about sewing now!?!...crazy girl! I pray sleep, sleep, sleep for all of you! I love you all. Oh, and please give your brother a big, giant hug for me, the kind he used to give me when he was a boy that just about cut off my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations! What a sweet little bundle of joy. Beautiful name too:). (Heard it from H. :) Your posts walways make me laugh and bring a smile, and the ones' you've made right after giving birth here ar eno exception. Love and hugs cross the distance to year! What a precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I apologize for all those typ-os I made! Guess I should edit a little better. It should say: Love & hugs cross the distance to you. (I think the other errors are easy to figure out.)

    ReplyDelete