Sunday, May 1, 2011

Daybook 5/01/2011

Outside my window...

Dark...  Again, writing my "day"book at night...  Busy weekend, so to get it all, I have to type at night.  Maybe I should call this my "end of week" log?  LOL...

I am thankful...


Yup, I am!  That's all.

I am thinking about...


Lot's of stuff...  Mostly whether-or-not I will get more than a few hours sleep, allergy season is kicking my but!  Still have tons of sewing projects to do!

Learning all the time...


Am I?  Sure, why not!  What did I learn this week?  That maybe my idea of "perfect" is not realistic, and that perhaps I do a better job at things than I give myself credit for.  And when I'm running late, deep breaths are the only thing that I can do, the clock is going to keep ticking.

From the kitchen...


So not sure!!!  We did get some fabulous teriyaki sauce with honey from The Pampered Chef!  Last week I made stir-fry with chicken, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini and carrots with brown rice, and then this weekend the hubby made cooked me a chicken breast and topped it off with the sauce, I made it into a yummy sandwich on sour dough!

I am creating...


So many more projects!  I never even finished them all from last week!!!  So now, I am finishing last weeks projects and adding a ring bearers pillow, designing and making a flower girl dress (and possibly shoes) alterations on a dress and embroidering some items for family!  Busy, busy!!!

I am working on...


Eating better.  Samie and I had a yummy light dinner of soup and sandwiches.  Still working on getting my walking in!  Only got two days in last week, so this week I have to at least walk three days so I can "show improvement", right?

I am going...


To be taking a lot of trips to Redding in the next month!  Missy's wedding is approaching fast and there is still a lot to do!

I am hoping...


That allergy season will hurry up and end!  I would love to not have to keep catching my nose!!!

I am reading...


Hmmm, do text messages and emails count?  Because that's about all the time I have right now for reading...  Still hoping for a B&N gift card from the hubby for Mother's Day so I can download a few books for when I have a little more time to read.

I am praying...


For patience and tolerance, not only for myself, but for others as well!  Also for family and friends that have recently lost loved ones, it is a very difficult time.

I am hearing...


The chirp of the most OBNOXIOUS insect outside my window!  And Celebrity Apprentice on the t.v.  I really don't even like that show, but the hubby has recently started watching.

Around the house...


Hubby has finally started "baby-proofing" the house!  Moved the cable box, the receiver, and the Wii higher up so Little can't reach them...  Well, he thought she couldn't, but she is really good on her tip-toes.  She can't reach the computer anymore, so at least we don't have to worry about her turning that on-and-off all the time! 

One of my favorite things...


A favorite thing?  Ah!!!  My Little's giggle and smile!  She is such a serious little girl, but when she laughs, when she smiles, the whole world is brighter!  And baby kisses, cause there is nothing better!

A few plans for the rest of the week...


Sewing, working, walking, perhaps getting around to the laundry...  Nothing too exciting.

Random thought...


So, I was listening to the radio (Yahoo radio on my computer) this week while sewing and this came to me:
I was too young to be punk, too old to be emo.  Young enough to know true rock, old enough to appreciate true R&B.  Had grandparents that introduced me to big band, and cousins that got me to listen to country.  I have a passion for rap, and a soul for reggae.  But at the end of the day, give me a good beat, because I was born to get-down!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A year ago we took a trip to Arizona for Dad's Laughlin motorcycle run.  We were blessed to get to celebrate Grandpa Len's 81st birthday with him, and he was able to meet our eight-week-old Little.  We miss you Grandpa.




No comments:

Post a Comment